Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Not Pictured: Christmas

Somehow it transpired that I took very few relevant pictures in December, especially around Christmas.  You could say that instead of living behind my phone I was in the moment and had no time for pictures, but I think I was mostly distracted and forgetful.  It's tragic, yes.  But it does make my (now trademark) highlight reel production of the month all the easier!

 It snowed a grand total of two times in December (weird winter, right?) but we were ON IT.  We pulled out the sleds that very morning and were pleasantly surprised by both kids willingness to go down the hills all by themselves.


 Parties!  We thoroughly enjoyed our ward Christmas party and hosting the annual Smiths Pharmacy holiday palooza again.

 As always, we were sure to attend the annual Magleby Family Little America/Christmas Carol outing in Salt Lake, but this year we enjoyed the challenge of having a very sick kid with us.  I have now had the pleasure of being the mother of the kid that threw up in the pool, and I NEVER WANT TO EXPERIENCE IT AGAIN.  My knight in shining armor took Porter to the Urgent Care, leaving me and Eli to see the lights on Temple Square in a much smaller family group.  Different, but it still felt like Christmas.

We spent Christmas Eve with a few friends and had the traditional dinner and nativity.  We missed our families, but it was really nice to be home at the same time.  

Christmas morning passed in a blur of toys and treats.  When the sugar coma started to wear off we packed up the car and headed to Utah!

NOT PICTURED: Christmas Day at the Maglebys
NOT PICTURED: Boxing Day at the Judkins
NOT PICTURED: Star Wars with the Judkins
NOT PICTURED: Dinner with Tawny and Justin.  Happy birthday Justin!
NOT PICTURED: Swimming with the Rogers
NOT PICTURED: An evening at the Riverwoods
NOT PICTURED: Dinner with Gordy and Jill.  I love Tucanos.

Pictured here: a day at the park with our cutie cousins.  

Also pictured: Chanel's homecoming talk.  Mom and I were completely matchy-matchy with zero planning.  We must be related.

Finally, New Years Eve with the Haights.  Those people really know how to party!

1 comment: