Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Eli's Preschool Graduation


I must admit, when I saw "Preschool Graduation" on the schedule that they handed out at the beginning the school year I scoffed and rolled my eyes.  "Graduating" from what was basically an extremely structured play date sounded over-the-top in the extreme.  But then they snuck the above picture into my Spring Picture Day Packet and you better believe I shelled out $20 because it was so flippin' adorable.

The whole affair was just a cuteness overload.  Eli gave the little welcoming speech, they sang two songs, recited a poem, had a slideshow, and then Eli "walked" and crossed the bridge into his bright future.  They even marched in and out of the theater to Pomp and Circumstance.  Can you blame me for tearing up just a little bit?


Eli was nominated as "The Little Professor" due to his love of sharing what he feels is vital information with the rest of the class.  I just hope it was correct information, at least sometimes.


Even though it's just preschool, Zach and I are so proud of Eli.  He's learned his letters and numbers, memorized his address and my phone number, his handwriting has improved tremendously and his confidence and social skills have grown.  He's so ready for kindergarten!

Special thanks to my mom for lending the occasion extra specialness with her presence.  Everything is cooler when grandma is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment