Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Porter at 18 Months


Height: 34"
Weight: 32 lbs
Head size: Restrictively large
Favorite food: Maybe noodles?  Honestly, we have yet to find something he WON'T eat.
Favorite Person: Mom!  Finally!  Take that Dad.
Favorite Activity: Object destruction

When I think of Porter, the first thing that comes to mind is CHUNK.  This kid is a brick.  In fact, at his 18 month check-up the pediatrician advised switching him to 1% milk because his weight was, quote, "off the chart".

 Next, I think DISASTER AREA.  Looking back through my phone pictures, most of Porter's are of him covered in some kind of mess.  He's a messy eater artist who is not satisfied with his body and chair alone as his canvas.  No, art must be thrown across the room, onto the floor, the chairs, and occasionally onto innocent bystanders.  We go thru so. Many. Bibs.



 Next, think: CONSTANT SUPERVISION REQUIRED.  This cute picture was taken seconds before he climbed up on top of the piano to sample my houseplant.  Now that he has figured out how to push chairs around to climb up on things, there are only three safe surfaces left in the house, and it's only a matter of time for those.  Porter is a reckless climber, can not be left with any kind of writing/drawing implement, and I swear his main goal when he takes a bath is to remove as much water as possible.


IN THE THICK OF THINGS: Porter goes where Eli goes, and must do what Eli does.  Sometimes this works out and Mom gets laundry folded, and then other times there are screams and tears.
When he wants to be picked up to see what's going on he has learned to say "Hug?" instead of "Up!" because honestly, who can resist that?


BRAVE.  Eli was and is a pretty cautious child, but Porter is brazen.  He charges into every situation like the tank that he is.  Below he is meeting his first ferret.


 Not only is Porter unafraid of the vacuum cleaner (still one of Eli's greatest nemeses) he has totally embraced it.  He follows me around with his own vacuum whenever I pull mine out and I LOVE IT.


Finally, ADORABLE.  I love my babies, but 18 months is when I start to feel like I'm actually bonding with my kid.  I love watching him learn new words and establish his own personality.  I love watching him and Eli play together.  I also love leaving him in nursery, because he's extra adorable when I pick him up again.
Happy 18 months Super Port! 

No comments:

Post a Comment